Wednesday, October 03, 2012

"Springtime In Italy"

Springtime in Italy

"Springtime In Italy"
©David A. Ziser

OK, I know you think I might be a little crazy with today's title, but It's all I could think of with the crocuses, those little yellow flowers playing so predominantly in the composition.  Crocuses are generally one of the first flowers of Spring in the States but we are in Italy in October and they are all over the place here at the Castle.

I made this image at ground level - yes, the camera was sitting on the ground.  With the fisheye on the camera, I figured I could really bring the bright yellow color of the flowers into play in my composition. using my off camera flash added the dramatic light to our beautiful model, Cici, and I think we pulled off a pretty cool image.

Lighting is from camera left, 3 Canon 600EX-RT speedlights fired in High Speed Sync mode.  HSS allowed me to use the super fast shutter speed to really darken the sky for the added dramatic effect.  I’m loving these new speedlights for this feature alone.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Canon 8-15mm fisheye at 15mm, F8.0 @ 1/1000 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  David

2 comments:

  1. Hoorah, I love the fact that you finally use HSS mode. Also, I see that you still use f/8.0. I would push it all the way to f2.8 or f/4.0 to get the bokeh I always want :).

    Always enjoy your post and your amazing knowledge.

    Cheers
    -Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful leading lines. Only David gets his nose in the mud to get the shot. Beautiful sky exposure plus the loop lighting. Low horizon. That is what I was taught by DZ. The color differences just draw your eyes to the subject.

    ReplyDelete