Monday, April 16, 2012

"Beautiful Moments Remembered”

Happy And Beautiful Moments

"Beautiful Moments Remembered”
©David A. Ziser

Here is another of one of my favorite photographs from a recent wedding.  Look at the emotions captured in the image.  Sure, I could have framed up just the groom dancing with his mother, but it’s the off-set camera angle that I used to pick up the wonderful expressions of the bride and her mom and dad enjoying the same moment with the groom.

Next look at the lighting.  I mentioned exciting lighting for spontaneous wedding images in a previous post.  Look how the lighting makes this image just sparkle and sing! The richness of the tonalities and depth of the image is the result of my dimensional lighting I use to illuminate the wedding reception.

I have a strobe high on a light stand camera right.  To the left, behind , and out of range is my assistant putting the lighting o the bride and her parents.  My on-camera flash supplied the necessary fill to carry the mid tones perfectly.

The B&W conversion was managed in Lightroom 4.  I’ve been working with the new LR 4.1 version extensively these last few weeks and have discovered a brand new way to really make my B&W images “pop”.  BTW, it’s a different technique that I’ve featured here [link] last week at DPT [link].  Sounds like a future Technique Tuesday to me ;~)  Anyway, I hope you enjoy the image.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 47mm, F6.3 @ 1/100 second, ISO 2000.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do love this one!! Was this at Spindletop? I'm doing a wedding there next month!

    ReplyDelete