Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Wrong Side Of The Bars"

Wrong Side Of The BarsIMG_6174

"Wrong Side Of The Bars"
©David A. Ziser

This image was captured during another down-the-street photo walk yesterday. I had given myself an assignment to shoot with Sigma’s 85mm F1.4 lens exposing the images at only F1.4.

As I passed by one of the homes I liked the streaking bright light across the rough textured wall on the other side of the fence.  I framed up the shot and pressed off a few frames.  The very wide aperture threw the bars of the fence well out of focus.

Next it was into Lightroom 3 where I tweaked the colors and tonalities. Originally the fence was quite a bit lighter, but with the “Black Level” slider, I was able to darken it’s tones considerably.  The darken result was to give the image the look, in my eyes, of a prisoner’s view of haunting prison bars.

The bright streaks of light beckon the prisoner to hope and freedom, but the dark bars forbid him from making that journey.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 85mm F1.4 lens @ F1.6 (it got nudged up from F1.4 inadvertently), 1/800 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. This is really nice I like the white strip across the red backround. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete