Tuesday, December 06, 2011

"Catching The Last Wave"

0001- Catching The Last WAveIMG_2646-Edit

"Catching The Last Wave"
©David A. Ziser

I headed to Javier's Restaurant ahead of the others to get a ringside seat for the evening's light display.  I was not disappointed.  Although not spectacular, the sunset was still a beautiful display of color over the Sea Of Cortez.

I had made several images, ranging my exposure and crops for various renditions of the scene.  I got several keepers but this one was one of my favorites.  Just as I was about to make an exposure, I saw a young boy carrying a surf board running into the bottom corner of the camera frame.  I decided to wait a split second more till he was more prominently positioned in the frame.  There was the shot - hit the shutter and I knew I had image I wanted.

Into ACR for a little tweaking of the colors. Sometimes timing is everything.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 40mm, F4.5 @ 1/80 second, ISO 250. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment