Thursday, December 08, 2011

Is It Time To Sell Your Images At Half Price?

Good Morning, Eh, Afternoon Everybody,

Well, it's been a bit chilly down here in Cabo the last few days.  Heck, its been going up to only about the mid 70's the last few days and didn't reach that till almost noon ;~) All kidding aside, things are good in sunny Cabo, Mexico.

Hot Shots FallHey gang, just a few things before we get to today's post.  First off we have our HOT SHOTS Image Competition, Review, and Webcast [link] taking place today at 6:00 p.m. EST, that's 3:00 p.m. PST.  We have over 250 images to review - WOW! Thank You to everyone who entered. 

Deadline for submissions was last night at midnight but you can still register and catch the webcast right here.  We have a good crowd signed up so far but there is still plenty of room to join us.  Hope to see you there!

I received an email last week from a friend of mine, Jessica Vogel of Shelby Studios [link], telling me of a great promo she ran on Cyber Monday.  It netted her over $4,000 in sales and that looks to grow to a lot larger number over the next few months.  Let me tell you about it in today's post.

Is It Time To Sell Your Images At Half Price?!

In Jessica’s own words,

“On Cyber Monday I did Double Dollar Day. Anyone could purchase a $50 gift card and get the second $50 gift card for free. I did this promo in denominations of $50, $75, $100, $150 and $200.

MoneyI sold over $4000 in gift cards!!! Even though that gave my clients $8,000 in purchasing power, I feel that the money they spent will be soon forgotten so when they come in to use their gift cards they’ll spend well over the double dollar amount.

But here is the really cool thing that makes it work so well.  My lab runs a 50% print sale in Jan, Feb and March... Yes, then I will do another BIG promotion in those months and my Double Dollar Day clients will come in and spend, and spend, and spend again! It was fun to see those sales come rolling in!!!”

Hey Jessica, I think it’s a great idea.  we’ll have to check back with you in a few months and see how it all worked out.

______________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  We’ve got lots of details to work out for today’s HOT SHOTS Competition and Webcast.  I’ll see you on-line in a few hours. 

Good Luck to all those that entered!

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment