Monday, November 21, 2011

"I’ll Take Romance"

Garden Party

"I’ll Take Romance"
© David A. Ziser

This is one image from the wedding in Phoenix, AZ that has been processing through our post production procedures.The bride and groom and I slipped away for about 15 minutes after the wedding and before the start of their reception, actually during cocktail hour. This allowed me the minutes needed to capture a few pictorial images around the beautiful Royal Palms Resort.

This is one of my signature images and I tried it capture a simple variation of it at all my weddings. The groom’s perfect tip of the bride during their kiss provided the added flare/motion for this image. We actually closed the front door of this historic hotel which, I believe adds a sense of privacy, to the moment.

The rustic setting, the lovely foliage and the dramatic backlighting all combine to give us a beautiful wedding photograph. Lighting was from my radio triggered Quantum flash at half power approximately 12 feet behind the couple

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 24-105mm lens at 45mm, F5.6 @ 1/320 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. David,
    why cheat the sutter in this case? is it just because you could? or is there a reason you didnt just bump up the f-stop and the flash power to compensate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did I keep the sync? Probably because I was in a hurry and forgot to slow down to 1/250 of a second. Anyway, I still like this-yet at the bottom. -David

    ReplyDelete