Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Jacuzzi’s Best Vintage"

Wine Girls

"Jacuzzi’s Best Vintage"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image during yesterday’s shoot at Jacuzzi Winery, an absolute fabulous location for our class.  In fact the 3 images in the following post are also from our Jacuzzi visit.  We could have spent days there with all the variety this beautiful winery offered.  I can’t wait to go back and taste some of their wines tomorrow ;~)

The challenge for this image was the lighting.  Both girls were in direct sunlight.  I blocked the sun with my Westcott 84” parabolic umbrella – I love that umbrella for brightly lit situations just like this.  One I had the sun blocked, the two girls were bathed in a nice, soft light. 

Next, I needed to add a little light from camera right, my Quantum flash through my Zumbrella, to gave me the dimensional lighting I was looking for.

Framing the girls up in the door and arch in the distance finished the composition giving us a great image of these two lovely ladies.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 100, F5.6 @ 1/320 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment