Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Carla And Friends"

Carla and Friends

"Carla And Friends"
©David A. Ziser

This image collage is from one of my most enjoyable weddings I’ve photographed – the clients were great to work with.  Some of you who have been to my seminars may recognize the images – they’re from the sample set I used for my LumaPix demos.

Let’s talk about a few elements of this collage.  First of all, I love the bride’s exuberant expression – it’s spontaneous, happy, and fun.  I know the “spot color” technique may date the image but I still like it.

Lighting for the bride’s image was simple available light coming in from camera right.  You can see the nice contours on the pillars in the background showing the nice directional light illuminating the scene.

I think this image ties in well with the “huggy” photograph of all the girls too.  “Huggies” are always the best way to get great expressions every time.  Lighting for this image is from my off-camera flash, camera right, probably at full power with no umbrella.

The red rose background ties both images together in a bright, rich, wonderful way.  It just makes you smile when you look at it.

Camera specs: For Bride - Fuji S-2 Pro fitted with 50mm lens, F4.0 @ 1/750 second, ISO 400; For Group – Nikon D1x fitted with Tamron 24-135mm non IS lens at 70mm, ISO 640.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment