Friday, March 04, 2011

”What A Magnificent Evening”

What A Magnificent Evening

”What A Magnificent Evening”
©David A. Ziser

I seldom post “scene setters” – images that capture the setting and nuances of the wedding day, but this one has always been one of my favorites.  The ballroom was simply magnificent – from the floral arrangements to the “starry night” lighting on the ceiling.

I only have a few moments to take these images before the guests enter for the festivities and I needed to work quickly and efficiently.  My shooting strategy is to get all the wide angle images first, including any super wide fisheye images like this example. 

After I’ve covered the room from several angles in “wide angle mode”, I’ll switch to detail shots – close up of place settings, menu cards, flowers, etc.  The goal is to show not only the beautiful setting, but the details within that setting. 

These images generally become at least a two page and most often a four page spread in the wedding album.  And don’t forget your vendor buddies - these are great images to offer the wedding venue, florist, bridal consultant, and lighting tech as well.

Camera specs: Nikon D1x fitted with 8mm Nikkor Fisheye, F4.0 @ 1/6 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment