Wednesday, March 02, 2011

"Pretty In Pink"

Pretty In PinkIMG_9528-Edit

"Pretty In Pink"
©David A. Ziser

This is one of my favorite images from my Master Class last year.  We were working in a local park on a bright sunny afternoon.  I positioned the bride in the shade but really didn’t like the very flat lighting on her face.  What could I do?

The easy answer might have been to bring some flash illumination in from camera left, but out in the bright sun you really need a lot of light output to pull it off. I know I could have used “high speed flash sync”, but that just wasn’t convenient here.

The easiest solution was to pop some light in from camera left from my “SunSpotz” reflector [link].  It gave me just the right amount of light and really added the depth and dimension to the scene that I wanted.  The tight crop and shallow depth of field resulted in a great natural light portrait of our bride.

Camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 153mm, F3.2 @ 1/800 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment