Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"They’ll Be Playing Our Song Tonight"

Our Song

"They’ll Be Playing Our Song Tonight"
©David A. Ziser

This image was captured at a recent wedding and I love the wonderful high key tones that are presented.  When shooting by window light I really like to push the tonalities of the scene into the higher or more pastel regions.

I do this two ways. First, is by overexposing the natural light coming in through the window. The second technique is to use a select slider in Lightroom to bring up the lower tonalities to a more pastel setting.

There is no magic in making this image black and white. I simply desaturate the image, in Lightroom, and this usually provides me the tonalities and feeling I'm looking for in my final image.

I also love using wide-angle lenses at my weddings. That was the case in this image as I was using one of the widest angle lenses, the Sigma 8-16mm, on the market. At its widest setting, I able to creat a very dramatic result. I did correct a few of the vertical and horizontal distortion with Lightroom 3.  I think we got a great result and the client loved it.

Camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm at 8mm, F5.6 @ 1/500 second, ISO 1250.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    This photo is beautiful! So graceful and lovely. Just want to say thanks once again for your help with the digital painting seminar I did through Marathon Press. Some of my students came from your blog. Thought you might like to see a bridal painting I just did. It's Sharon's daughter taken in Cincinnati when she acted as your model! here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=491272763194&set=a.468911693194.250725.69057118194

    Melissa Gallo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do u like the extra width on this lens?

    ReplyDelete