Friday, December 03, 2010

"Burning Daylight"

Burning Daylight

"Burning Daylight"
©David A. Ziser

This is an image I made on the last day of our travels as we pulled out of Guerrero Negro heading to San Jose del Cabo.  The sun had just broke above the horizon. We knew it was going to be in our eyes shortly as we headed east across the mountains.

I like several things about this image.  First, look how all the “implied lines” lead the viewer’s eye directly to the sun.  We have the “line” of the birds leading to the sun.  We also have the “line” of the telephone poles to the far right of the image also leading your eye to the sun.

With the sun at “nodal point” #1 in the scene, a nice visual balance is created throughout the image.  It’s nice just to sit and enjoy the image.

I did a very small amount of post production in LR3 and CS5 but not too much.  OK, if the truth be known, I added two more birds to the seen – I was lucky to have the first bird in a perfect flight position to make that happen ;~)

Depending on your monitor, you may see some banding of the colors around the sun.  I think that is a “sensor issue” – it seems to happen every time I point the camera at the sun.  Anyway, I don’t think it detracts from the image.  In fact, I like the image quite a lot. I hope you do too.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 178mm, F 9.0 @ 1/640, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment