Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Feeling The Romance"

Feeling The Romance - 0374a-DZ_JonasW10

"Feeling The Romance"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image I made during Saturday’s wedding celebration.  We had wrapped the more dramatic, scenic images of the bride and groom.  When I have enough time, I love to do the “veil series” with the couple.  I think it captures the romantic feelings they are experiencing for each other on the most important day of their lives.

I simple have them stand very close to each other and then cover both of them with the bride’s veil.  The trick is to keep the folds of the veil from blocking key parts of their expressions.  With the wind blowing, that can sometimes be an issue but luckily not so much this past Saturday.

The series is shot completely with the available soft light.  I simply move around the couple working to capture great expressions that tell an emotional story about how they feel about each other.

I also want to overexpose the couple because I think it also gives a more ethereal effect to the images.  I prefer these images in black and white.  In this image I added a small amount of grain to add to the artistic presentation.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 85mm, F5.0 @ 1/80 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment