Monday, November 22, 2010

"Happy, Happy, Happy"

Happy Faces 63 250 18-200-70 400

"Happy, Happy, Happy"
©David A. Ziser

I love this image of these four siblings.  It was captured at a recent Bar Mitzvah celebration of the handsome young man in the middle of the group.  I also photographed the Bat Mitzvahs of his three sisters too.  It’s nice to have such great clients.

I make these images in the undercroft of the synagogue on Thursday before the big Saturday event. It is the most simple of all my portrait setups – one large shoot thru umbrella camera left set up with my Quantum at about 1/4 power.  Sometimes I use a reflector to camera right and sometimes I just bounce my on-camera flash off the ceiling for “fill”.  Anyway, with a little help from Lightroom, it always gives a beautiful result.

I’m shooting in front of a 7 foot portable painted canvas background so space is a bit limited.  The idea is to get the best expressions of the kids.  Asking for big hugs usually does the trick. 

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 70mm, F6.3 @ 1/250 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment