Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Technique Tuesday: Change The Light - Change The Look

Good Morning Everybody,

Today is the day - Photoshop World kicks off with the convention Pre-Cons. Its a day of varied programs - Lighting to Lightroom, Photography to Photoshop and more - talking pace in varied locations around the convention area.

For my Pre-Con, we are heading to a brand new location for our shoot. From my Internet research, the church looks gorgeous - I can't wait to get there! I’m planning to show and teach 3 different lighting techniques today. I'll plan to share them with you over the next few weeks.

From 12:00 p.m. today, things get quite busy for us. I'm still planning to get the DPT out on time, but if I miss my queue, please allow me a little blogging "wiggle room" :~)

OK, let's see if I can get today's post up - here we go....

Change The Light - Change The Look

We arrived at Valley of Fire a little later than expected. That meant that the light was changing fast. Today's post covers how to shoot in those rapidly changing lighting conditions.

I'll show you images shot in complete direct sunlight and move to shooting in the same location 2 hours later in much more subdued light with auxiliary flash and getting a completely different result. The final shot was made in the shade of the mountains against the fantastically beautiful red rocks of the valley.

Uhhhh…. No I didn’t make it.  I’ve got to leave in 30 minutes for my class. The rendering of the video is taking to long and slow connection speeds are not going to let me get the post up until very late tonight. Sorry about that.  I’ll get it up as soon as I can.

-David

Coming soon --- Hit the PLAY button below to see the different photographic/lighting results we achieved. Did I have a favorite? You'll have to watch the video to find out. I really think you will enjoy this one.

________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today, we are under the gun and I've got to run. Check back tomorrow and I'll fill you in on today's shoot. Also, I'm planning a second episode of our new series, "The Ones That Got Away" so plan to stop back.

Have a great one, and I'll see you tomorrow,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment