Monday, August 16, 2010

Enterprising Couple

1-0074_DAZ-Wedding Shoot PSW06

"Enterprising Couple"
©David A. Ziser

I just stumbled on this image over the weekend when looking over some of my original DPT posts. This one is from August 22, 2007 - way back in the early days of DPT. Anyway, that's when I was posting images without the back story and EXIF data. I thought I would rectify that in today's post by reposting the image along with the rest of the story.

This image was taken at my first ever Pre-Con for Photoshop World in the Fall of 2007. The church was the very modern Shine Of The Most Holy Redeemer right across the street from Mandalay Bay. The architecture was crying out for a wide angle lens. For the pre-com I was really loaded in the wide angle department.

I set up the couple in the composition for a perfect centered symmetry with the camera picking up as much of the ceiling elements as I could. I bought my flash in from camera left about 15 feet away shooting through a translucent umbrella (pre-Zumbrella days) at 1/4 power or 40 watt seconds. Dragging the shutter a bit picked up the ambient light and I had a great shot. Camera specs: Canon 5D fitted with Sigma 12-24mm super wide angle lens at 12mm, F 5.6 @ 1/50 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. i can't see the images.. which server do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about the backlight behind them? That just another external flash?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David, there is definatly a backlight behind them, care to discuss or does a magician never reveal his true secrets?

    ReplyDelete