Monday, April 19, 2010

"Moments To Go"

"Moments To Go"

©David A. Ziser

Here is an image I made a few years ago which I still enjoy. When working a wedding, I love finding those special moments before the ceremony is to begin, where the girls are waiting for their moment to line up to proceed down the aisle. I'm looking to capture a bit of that nervousness, excitement, anticipation in those moments. This shot does just that. It's just a peek into a slightly opened door of the ready room in the back of church. The expression on the bridesmaid face reveals that the time is near, everyone is excited, and they will be lining up very soon. These shots have to be made quietly and discretely so as to not intrude into those moments. They have to be captured as they are - real and unaltered by the photographer. They then become great storytelling images of the day. Camera Specs: Nikon D1x fitted with 50mm lens, F2.0 @ 1/60 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

p.s. Some of you have commented on the fact about the camera I'm using in some of these recent posts. Remember, I'm enjoying going through my digital archives to find some of these images. I have owned nearly 20 digital cameras over the last ten years - from my first Fuji S-1, next to Nikon, and now Canon gear. Hence, all the different cameras you see listed reflect those shoots over the years. Hope that clears any confusion. -David

No comments:

Post a Comment