Monday, March 01, 2010

Quick Hit Monday: Cool Wedding Websites; Jam Packed Video Resources; CBTL Web-Cast Almost Full; Book Reviews; and More

Good Late Afternoon Everybody,

Hey, better late than never - right?  I've spent most of the weekend and all day today wrapping up my "Captured By The Light" Web-Cast for Wednesday.  I hope I can get through the entire program in 90 minutes.   Standing Room OnlyWednesday’s Web-Cast is shaping up to be the largest ever web-cast I’ve ever presented! If you haven't signed up yet, the room is nearly full with almost 900 planning to attend so far – WOW!  The web-cast room has seats for 1000 viewers so if you want to join us, please sign up before it's too late.  I’m really stoked and can't wait!!!  Here is the CBTL secure link right here to register.

As the Fonz would say, "Don’t be square - see you there."

Latest CBTL Reviews and "Thank Yous"

Scotts Review I have to say, I both "blown away" and humbled by the reviews coming in on my new book "Captured By The Light".  Fellow blogging buddy, Scott Kelby, at Photoshop Insider just gave it a great "rave" in his video review right here. THANKS a million Scott!

And thanks for all those who commented on Scott's blog, too.

David Hobby, the Strobist, tweeted, "Wedding photogs should give David Ziser's new book a look. It is packed to the gills with good info."

Thanks to those who reviewed my book over at Amazon - 5 out of 5 Stars, every review - and now it's up to #433 and climbing on Amazon's Sales rank!  It's all pretty exciting and amazing to me.

You can still get an autographed copy at our Digital Resource Center right here till March 12, 2010.

Podcasts Now Online

Last week was a busy week for podcasts - I was on two shows. LenFlare35's podcast on trends DSLR video is now posted right here.

My conversation with Kerry Garrison over at CameraDojo is also on line.  Kerry and I discussed all things lens related from F-Stops to focal lengths.  Camera DoJo2You can give it a listen right here.  CameraDojo has lots of good things happening so give the site a good cruise when you've got some time.

A Few Websites/Blogs To Check Out

I've been following Matt McGraw's work for years.  I'm on his newsletter list and always enjoys seeing what he's up too.  Matt just sent me a link to all his past newsletters.  Matt McGrawIf you want to check out some great work give a peek to his latest newsletter right here - some inspiring images. Here is the link to his regular site too. 

My Google Alert popped the other day saying I had something going on over at Vimeo.  I headed over and found that a few of my videos had been added to the Photo Tips and Tricks group [link].  I gave a quick look at the other 30 or so videos and it looks like there's some nice tutorials available there.

Head on over and check them out. Topics include Lightroom, Photography, Lighting, etc.  Not a bad collection of tutorials.

_________________________________________________________

Hey gang, it's late and I’m short on time today so I've got to run.  I'll plan to see everyone tomorrow for another episode of Technique Tuesday.  This weeks topic, "Capturing the Moment".  Hope to see everybody then. Oh, and don’t forget to sign up  FREE CBTL web-cast on Wednesday [link].

Adios,  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment