Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Evening Glow"

Evening Glow-IMG_4452 

"Evening Glow"
©David A. Ziser

One of our favorite places to visit when in Las Vegas is the Valley of Fire just about 1 hour's drive from the city.  The state park is not that big, but the scenic wonders it presents are just beautiful.  We always seem to end our visit around sunset so as we head back to Las Vegas the light is fading fast.  One of the prettiest views during the drive back to the city is the view of the mountains as we are heading west to pick up I-15.  The sun has long set in this image and the mountains take on this wonderful glow.  Even though the light is almost gone in this shot, there was just enough to capture this scene.  I chose the smaller aperture over the higher shutter speed because I wanted the best optical performance out of this lens for this shot.  I figured image stabilization would "save" me considering the low shutter speed I was using. A tweak or two in Lightroom wrapped up the presentation. Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 200mm, F9.0 @ 1/13 second handheld, ISO 1600.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment