Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Dad’s Surprise”

Dad's Surprise

"Dad’s Surprise”
©David A. Ziser

OK, everybody, this is a DPT first. Today I’m posting a series of images for the Image of the Day post. Why, because I just wanted it to be a little different today.  Click on the image for a larger view. To  many photographers are only  looking for the action.  Photography is more that just action shots – it’s action and reaction shots.  When you capture both, you capture the “moment”.  Action + Reaction = The Moment  Capturing the “moment” should be our goal as wedding and event photographers.  Here is the back-story on this sequence.  The Bride’s dad had arranged to place a wedding greeting to his daughter and her groom on a billboard on the side of the expressway which we would all pass on the way from the bride’s home to the wedding. Besides Dad, I was the only one who knew where it was so I was in charge of leading the bridal caravan.  As we approached the billboard, I pulled over to the side of the road and everyone fell in behind me. Dad pointed out the billboard to the bride and groom and we waited till their special greeting appeared.  That’s when things started to happen.  It was a great surprise to the couple – all I needed to do was capture all the actions and reactions of the moment.  We weren’t involved in any accidents, didn’t get arrested, and got a great series of images which comprised a two page spread in their wedding album. Camera specs – general; Canon 20D fitted with 17-85mm IS lens (I used the full range), P-Program Mode for exposure, ISO 400. Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Hi David, it's always good to be part of other people's happiness and I guess you do that pretty well saving those precious moments with you camera. I totally agree with you about this action and reaction relationship. I guess that's what differentiates a storyteller from a picture-taker. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story:) Your next book should be titled "tales of the wedding photographer" and tell all about your fun and crazy stories from behind the lens.

    You crack me up Ziser!

    ReplyDelete