Thursday, October 08, 2009

"Man Of The Moment"

0001-Man In Red-IMG_7962 "Man Of The Moment" 
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image made during my Wedding Shoot Out at PSW last week.  I always post pics of the bride but thought this time I’d choose one of the groom. I wanted to do something more that just stand him in the aisle and shoot away.  Sure, that makes a good pic, but I was thinking I wanted something different and a little more striking. To the left side of the church was the sculpture of the Last Supper.  It was dramatized with a bright red light illuminating the very top of the art work.  After taking a photograph, I liked the photograph but wanted to extend the red color down throughout the entire background of the image.  I gelled my Quantum flash with a red gel, turned down the power, and had my assistant position the flash about 8 feet from the sculpture.  It worked perfectly.  Light on the groom was created from my Z-Ray high intensity flashlight camera on the left. The slow shutter speed allowed the ambient light flooding in from the front of the church to create a nice accent light on the left side of the groom. I believe all the elements came together for a nice image.  Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted wit 70-300mm IS lens at 110mm, F 5.6 @ 1/20 second handheld, 2800K, ISO 1600. Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment