Monday, September 21, 2009

Quick Hit Monday: More On Video; HDR; iPhone Photo Apps;, and Canon 7D News

Good Morning Everybody,

Crowd - iStock_000002812542XSmall After another easy weekend of R&R and catching up with friends  in Chicago, we are fired up and ready to go for tonight's Digital WakeUp Call program.  Tonight's crowd will be the biggest ever! We are expecting around 350 photographers - WOW!!! It should be a great time.

I can't believe that after this week, we will have completed over 1/3 of the Fall DWUC sessions. Next week it's out to Photoshop World but more on that later.  Let's get right to today's post - lots of good information to cover.  Here we go.

More On Combining Still Images With Video

Bebbs2 Last Friday in my post I listed 10 clips you need to shoot with your new video enabled digital camera at a wedding. Here is the link to the article. I mentioned how Animoto makes it easy to put together a very cool show with your still images and video clips.

Today I also wanted to remind you that Jen and Steve Bebb have taken this whole video/still media fusion to a brand new level.  They call it "Fusion Is Now" and you can find out more about it over at their FusionIsNow.com website right here.

I purchased their DVD on just how they go they go thru the processes and their procedures last January. I wanted to get myself up to speed on the entire process.  It was money well spent.  The DVD set contains two DVDs.  The first DVD shows exactly how they plan the video project - what to shoot, how to shoot it, and how to "mic" it.  The second shows how easily they edit the still images and video clips with iMovie09 to obtain their great result.  Check out their site to see what I mean.

Now some good news.  I asked them to come on board with my DWUC tour and they gladly obliged.  Not only that but if you use the tour code of Ziser2009 and place your order for their DVD set, it will save you $60 off the price - not bad.

Inspiration Station

That's what I'd call Westcott's new Top Pros Gallery - here is the link right here.  Right now it features the work of 33 photographers covering everything from wedding photography, several shots from yours truly, to commercial work and lots in between. I'll tell you, there are some great images over there - a wonderful and enlghtening browse.

Westcott Top ros Westcott also has a promotion on their new Stroblite - a very affordable studio strobe - going on right now, too.  You can check it out right here.  They've promised to send me one to check out - I'll keep you posted.

HDR Is Here Again

Gavin I received a note from fellow blogging buddy, Gavin Seim over the weekend.  Gavin is about the busiest guy I know.  He runs ProPhotoShow [link] which features tutorials, podcasts, interviews, and just all things "photography."  It's a fun site to check out.

Also, Gavin just announced his new HDR workshop. Man, I would love to go, but I'm still on tour.  Anyway, Gavin does some of the best HDR I've seen and is now offering a 3-Day workshop on the subject from October 19 - 21, 2009.  Here is the link for all the info.  Be sure to scroll down and check out his images.  Hey Gav, I'll plan to catch your next workshop.

Just What A Photographer Needs - More Photo Apps For Your iPhone

iPhone apps Since I just picked up my new iPhone about a month ago, I'm on the great Apps hunt. Not only does Terry White do an iPhone app of the week over at his site [link], I just saw that ImagingInsider.com is also doing frequent posts on iPhone apps, too.  Here is a link to over 18 iPhone apps for photography right here. Hey, we all need to take a break and play now and then.  So check them out. Some of these apps look pretty cool.

Hands On With The Canon 7D

Canon7d I just wish it were my hands.  Anyway, if you are as fired up about the new Canon 7D as I am you might want to get a peek at what others have said about it so far.My blogging buddies at PhotographyBay had a nice piece on the new 7D and Canon's new 100mm Hybrid IS Macro lens.  Here is the link

I did a quick search to see what others were saying about the camera as well.  Here is a quick link roundup from some of the top sources. I'm actually trying to get my hands on one for my Photoshop World Pre-Con shoot. That would be sweet if I could pull that one off.  I'll keep you posted.

Hey gang, that's it for me today.  The room for tonight's meeting looks great. We have a  huge 12 foot screen and Bose sound systems.  We'll be rockin' in Chicago/Downer's Grove tonight.  Hope to see you there or at a location near your.  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment