Monday, July 27, 2009

Quick Hit Monday: Book Update; DSLR Info Galore: Free Publicity; and I Can See For Miles

Good Morning Everybody,
Today we begin my Summer Digital Master Class 2009. We have an international class one more time. One of our attendees hails all the way from Aruba and another attendee comes to us from our northern neighbor, Ontario Canada. I'm looking forward to another great week. We contracted some great looking models and some fabulous new locations scoped out in which to shoot this week.

My good friends at Quantum also sent four of their brand new Trios for the class to have the opportunity for some hands-on practical experience. If you haven't heard about the Trio, it is about the most accurate TTL flash on the market. It has a built in transmitter and receiver which means it swings both ways when it it comes to wedding photography. I've only mentioned the tip of the iceberg when it comes to their versatility. We plan to run the units through their paces several days this week. I'll keep you posted.

Wedding Book Update - I spent the entire day with Mr. Kelby on Friday. What can I say, Scott knows what he's doing when it comes to writing books. We walked through my book step by step finessing the final product. We met with Jessica who is working on the design of the book and Cindy, who is completing the edit on the book.

By 6 o'clock on Friday, we had hammered out what needs to be done for the necessary refinements to get to the finished product. Then it's on to Peachpit for publication. I know it seems like a long process but now I can see why. Thanks for being patient to all those who pre-ordered the book. I have to say, the draft copies really look good. I can't wait to see the final product in the not to distant future. I'll keep you posted as it moves through it's final steps.

Hey gang, Get your reading glasses on, curl up with your laptop, and hope for a rainy day - I've got lots of good reading for you today.

Check them out below:

Digital SLR Photo - [link] OK, folks, this is a pretty darn nice site. Lots of good info to browse through. You will need to bookmark it because you're going to want to go back for more and more.
Publicity Insider - [link] I found Bill Stoller following me on Twitter and decided to check out what he was up to. He's got some down to earth suggestions on how to promote yourself. You'll have to navigate you're way through a pop-up or two - but not too bad. Worth the visit.

Panoramas.dk - [link] A few weeks ago I was following the news on Michael Jackson. The LA Times had a very cool panorama of the memorial service at the Staples Center [link]. One thing led to another and before long I was over at Panoramas.dk - all panoramas, all the time. Head on over - very fascinating stuff.


Hey gang, that's it for me today. Class starts in a few minutes, so I'm out of here. Students to meet and information to teach!! See ya' tomorrow. -David

P.S. Facebook Issues: Occasionally I'll get a Facebook message saying someone can't see my image of the day or see the Technique Tuesday videos. My buddy, Steve Bitter, and my very first assistant ever, has been helping out with the solution. All my Facebook friends need to do is hit the link after the note that says "View Original Post". It will take you right where you need to go.

By the way, don't get Steve talking about the old days. He has more stories to tell then anyone about the start of my business. Some of those stories are pretty funny, many very embarrassing. Thanks for the heads-up, Steve.

1 comment:

  1. The main photo on the cover looks fantastic. I am really looking forward to reading your book. Congratulations on persevering through a LOT of hard work :)

    ReplyDelete