Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Love Is Blue"

"Love Is Blue"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image while we were in Chicago presenting a day-long seminar a few weeks ago. This is one of the last images I made for the day. I gelled the flash and placed the camera on 2800K color setting. This made the entire area surrounding the bride go quite blue. Since the flash was "tungsten flavored", I was able to obtain the correct color balance on my bride. Since the ambient light was so bright, I had the strobe only about 6 feet away from my bride. That let me use a very small aperture and fast shutter speed to darken the blue sky. The problem was that my assistant was in the shot. I put him a "Photoshopable" area of the scene (the sky) so it was easy to remove him from the shot. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 12-24mm lens at 19mm, F 22 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200.
Enjoy! -David

4 comments:

  1. i like the idea that you put your assistant to the "photosable" area. It's a simple technique but somehow amazed me... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any possibility you could show the original image and some of the processing techniques you used?

    Great Shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have assistants with wings :)
    Love the image.

    ReplyDelete