Thursday, May 07, 2009

"Wine Country"

"Wine Country"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image a few years ago while traveling through California wine country. Today we are visiting the Willamette Valley in Oregon so I thought it was an appropriate post. We had just gotten out of our car to visit one of the local wineries. The sun was backlighting the valley with a very strong direct light. I could barely see the hills through the camera. I think this fact is what added the interest to the shot. The image is simply a play of ever so light colors against the soft textures of the valley. You have to look hard to see the details but I think it is this visual invitation for the image that lets the viewer be drawn even more into it. Camera specs: Canon 20D fitted with 17-85mm IS lens at 85mm F10 @ 1/320 ISO 400.
Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Curious how you have access to all your photos, some from years ago, while traveling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, I would suspect either a large drive for on-the-road use or an account with gotomypc.com (which I use while I'm on the road).

    David, If you want a home cooked meal while in Sonoma County, ping me.

    ReplyDelete