Monday, March 09, 2009

"The Organist"

"The Organist"
©David A. Ziser


Well, he's not really the organist but he looks like he might be with that imposing musical instrument in the background. I made this image a few years ago while working at St. Mary's Cathedral in Covington Kentucky. This is one of the most beautiful sanctuaries in the greater Cincinnati area in which we get to work. I think the dramatics of this photograph are enhanced by placing my subject in the bottom left quadrant of the image area and then letting the cathedral surrounds, including the pipe organ, offer the imposing background for this portrait. The illumination is coming in from my right and is created by my flash shooting through a translucent umbrella. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 12-24mm lens, F5.6 @ 1/30 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment