Thursday, March 12, 2009

"It Will Be Our Turn Soon"

"It Will Be Our Turn Soon"
©David A. Ziser

I made this photograph about 10 years ago back in my film days. I remember I was photographing the wedding of one of my Bar Mitzvah boys whom I had photographed in the mid-1980's. It was fun to be with the families again and catch up on what everybody had been doing in the last several years. Anyway, I was keeping my eye on the action and then I saw the three little flower-girls leaning close, whispering and smiling, and watching the other bridesmaids walk down the aisle. They knew there were only moments to go before it was their turn to walk down the aisle. I love how the bride's dad flanks the left side of the photograph just barely and how one bridesmaid flanks the right side of the photograph also just barely. The playful little flower girls make the shot. Camera specs Hasselblad 500CM fitted with 50mm Distagon lens, F4.0 @ 1/30 second, Kodak Vericolor 400 film. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. I love the story in this picture. Along with the flower girls, the bridesmaids and the (proud) dad could all be saying the same thing, "It will be our turn soon".

    ReplyDelete