Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"The Guardian"

"The Guardian"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image as we toured London last week. It was made early in the evening just as the sky was starting to take on some color. I positioned the stature in such a way to make it seem it was protecting Parliament in the background. I also like the contrasts of cool vs. warm colors in this image. Just a little different from a wedding image. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 35mm, F4.0 @ 1/25 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

4 comments:

  1. Hi David- What a great image. I like the cool blues but how the light on the building is still warm. I've been reading your blog for a couple weeks and have enjoyed it thoroughly.

    It seems like you really like the canon 18-200 lens, as many of your recent posted images have been made with it. Do you feel that this lens produces fairly sharp images? I'm looking for a walk around/travel type lens that also would be able to give me good images sharp enough (coupled with my xti) to pass istockphoto reviewers. For stock work now, I mostly use the EFS 60 macro (i own), and I've also used the 18-55 efs 2.8 lens (I rented this very sharp lens). The 18-200 is really attractive to me as a walk around/travel/nature photography lens.

    Again, great image!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom,
    That's why I bought it right before we left for London. Search DPT for my preview review of it a few weeks ago. I love it.
    -David

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a nice image with the warm and cool light. But as a UK inhabitant I'd rather that place were blown up than guarded!

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,

    This is a beautiful composition and light in just the perfect moment.

    Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete