Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Artist Among Friends"

"Artist Among Friends"
©David A. Ziser

This image was made for this gentleman as a part of a special portrait series. His specific request was that the kids in his inner city art class be represented in the image as well. I managed to get them arranged randomly and comfortably in the background, climbed a fairly tall ladder (it had to be a vertical portrait), brought the light in from the left, balanced the flash with the ambient exposure, and shot away. I think the shot tells a great story but most importantly I superseded his expectations and he loved the finished image. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 24mm, F7.1 @ 1/80 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like that. I have one question for you... Why would you want to shoot at ISO 800 when you probably didn't need to?

    I would have thought its better to decrease the shutter-speed a little bit and get a better quality (lower ISO) shot??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful.. what a wonderful portrait! Just wonderful! :) love, Shannon

    ReplyDelete