Tuesday, September 09, 2008

"Queen Of The Ballet"

"Queen Of The Ballet"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image a few years ago. It was part of a series I was doing for a popular magazine in Cincinnati, Ohio which was honoring several people in the city for their volunteer work with the various Arts Associations within the area. Each of the portraits needed to reflect the Arts in which the volunteer participated. This beautiful woman worked intimately with the Cincinnati Ballet and is a ballet artist herself. The images had to be taken quickly because of every one's busy schedule. I created this image in about 15 minutes inside one of the office's at the Cincinnati Ballet's headquarters. The posters supplied an appropriate background and I loved how they contrasted each other. Lighting was accomplished with my off-camera flash fired through my translucent umbrella as usual. I slowed down the shutter speed to balance the exposure of the posters in the background. I think the portrait beautifully captures the classic elegance of both the subject and the art. Camera Specs; Canon 20D fitted with 17-85mm IS lens at 26mm, F 7.10 @ 1/50 second, ISO 400.

Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment