Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Day 1 - Master Class Recap

Good Morning Everybody,

Well, we are off and running and we have a great class of attendees this week. We pulled off some coo0l shots over at my favorite wedding/reception venue - the Netherland Hilton Hotel and then wrapped the shooting portion of the day at Drees Pavillion which offers a great view of the Ohio river valley. It is always a terrific backdrop for really cool outdoor photographs. I post a few additional images later this week.

Last night everybody had a chance to relax and just get to know each other at our Welcome Party. It went a little late, but what the heck, everybody was having a good time. I did a preliminary run through of our work flow. LaDawn, Jen, and Stacy introduced everybody to the inner workings of the studio from image archiving, album design, and printing. With our class members from Albert Canada, New Zealand, and all around the US, it is truly an international symposium this week.

Day one was terrific!! Today, we are hitting three locations that offer some great opportunities for shooting too. The twist to today's session is that we are breaking into smaller groups and then practicing what we learned yesterday and today. I guess I'll find out just how good of a teacher I am today ;~) Anyway, it's a full day of shooting and should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. I attended one of David's Master Classes several years ago and it literally changed my life as a photographer. I thought I knew what I was doing until I saw how Dave shoots, controls lighting and handles his workflow. The way he unselfishly shared his work, his techniques, tips and "real world" shooting scenarios helped me reach new levels with my own work. Beyond that, however, Dave and LaDawn's personalities, philosophy and approach to life as well as photography is inspirational to the point of being contagious. Some month's later my wife and I accepted Dave and LaDawn's gracious invitation to join them for Church and lunch, what a delightful day. I/we hope to attend another Master Class in the near future to try to absorb some of the information that I missed the first time. I don't think there is a better training seminar/course anywhere at any price for either the aspiring or accomplished wedding photography.

    Thanks Dave and LaDawn,

    R C and Connie Parsons
    Indianapolis, IN
    www.rcparsons.com

    ReplyDelete