Friday, January 25, 2008

"Sedona Ridge"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image during my first helicopter ride over Sedona, Arizona. The airport removed the door for me as the plan was to hang out of the helicopter, still strapped in of course. That plan quickly turned to "plan B" as the wind of the blades beat past me. I was still able to get this shot as we flew past this beautiful ridge of cliffs and stone. The wide angle lens added a dramatic element vastness to the landscape as we made the flyby. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 12-24mm lens, F10 @ 1/160 second at ISO 400. Enjoy! --David

5 comments:

  1. Hi David, just want to let you know that I really enjoy your blog, great images and great inspiration. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and knowledge in photography and photoshop with us. Keep up the great work.

    David Whiteford
    Ontario,canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, I am a newbie to your blog. I really enjoy looking at your work. What I especially like is your Kelby like humor.

    Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good lesson to remember even if shooting in Hawaii in the summer... if you hang out an open helicopter door it's going to get COLD!!! Bring a jacket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bob,
    Thanks for the nice comment - although, I always thought it was Scott who had a Ziser type of homor;~)
    --David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave, I love the picture and would hang outside a helicopter door to get this if I had to. Appreciate your educational comments and your web site.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete