Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Geography Is a Little Off

What's few thousand miles between friends. When I posted "Hobbit's Trail" as the image of the day two weeks ago, I mentioned the the image was made near Aviemore, Scotland last year. I also mentioned that Inverness was close to the Artic Circle. I was gently reminded by two of our readers, Trevor Johnson - www.TrevorJohnston.com/photos and Kenny McLean - http://www.coinneachphotography.co.uk/, that I was just slightly off the mark like to the tune of 1000 miles.

What can I say, looking at the Delta route map after a few scotches, it looked pretty darn close to me. What was very cool during our visit in late November was the fact that the sun never rose higher than about 45 degrees into the sky. It was like late afternoon light all day, albeit, the day ended about 3:30 p.m. which made for fantastic light for shooting just about the entire day. In any event we thoroughly enjoyed out visit, met some really nice people, sampled some fine scotch, almost saw the Loch Ness monster, and got some great images. Enjoy the short slide show below. Hey, by the way, check out Trevor and Kenny's wonderful images at the links above.

No comments:

Post a Comment