Thursday, November 29, 2007

"Loving Advice"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image years ago on my trusty old Hasselblad camera. It was shot right before the ceremony as everyone was gathered in the bridal room. The original image was a fairly wide angle image of all the bride, bridesmaids, and parents. When I saw the proof, I also saw the real story taking place in the top left hand corner of the frame. I cropped it in close and there it was, a very tender moment of the bride's father leaning over giving his beautiful daughter a few final words of loving advise. The close crop on the image left me with quite a bit of film grain, but I think the grain along with the light flaring a bit in the top left corner of the image adds much more to its storytelling appeal. Camera spec approximate: Hasselblad camera fitted with 50mm Distagon lens, F4 @ 1/30 second, Kodak Vericolor 400 film. Enjoy! --David

No comments:

Post a Comment