Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Eyes of Love"
© David A. Ziser

This image is from a session I did last week. In fact, I posted one of the images for that session last week. It was entitled "With A Twinkle In His Eyes". While I edited the images for the client I came across this image that I liked even better. I love the direct, almost confident look the child is giving the viewer as he is being held by his mother. The image is a great example of "chiaroscuro" - the interplay of highlights and shadows. It is one of my favorite portrait studies of a child. The original image looked nothing like the final result. Check out the rest of the story below. Camera specs: Canon 40D fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 82mm; F9 @ 1/160 second at ISO 200. Enjoy! --David

2 comments:

  1. Dear David,

    that is a really great shot! Since you mention that the studie looks nothing like the original image, maybe you can post the original, too, maybe even with some coments about how you changed the tonal range exactly?

    Regards,

    Hans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, just found the "making of" blog entry too late... Thanks for sharing this great picture and tutorial!

    ReplyDelete