Friday, November 16, 2007

"Cascading Waters"
© David A. Ziser

This photograph was made on the big island of Hawaii this past April. We were touring the beautiful Hawaiian Tropical Botanical Gardens when we came across this small cascade of waterfalls. I was thinking how to best photograph the beautiful setting. I wanted a lot of depth of field so a small aperture was a must. More importantly, I wanted to blur the motion of the water - visually, the motion blurred water is such a dramatic effect. The problem - no tripod. The solution, my trusty 24-105mm F4 IS lens on my Canon 5D. I would have preferred a longer exposure, but I was able to get away with 1/2 second, hand held - enough to get the effect I wanted. (Yes, I made several exposures with the motor drive and was lucky enough to get a few that were sharp, even hand held.) Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 24-105mm F4 IS lens at 32mm, F22 @ 1/2 second at ISO 800. Enjoy! --David

No comments:

Post a Comment