Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"Monet's Autumn"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image during our walk through the woods this past weekend. The trail begins with the path meandering along the side of a small turtle pond. The sun was fairly high in the sky yet coming in at such a direction that it created wonderful highlights and shadows on the foliage.
My favorite view was the reflection of the surrounding foliage on the pond surface just after a slight breeze sent ripples over the surface ever so slightly. I cropped only to the reflection and made the image. Camera specs are unimportant here I believe.
I flipped the image in Photoshop 180 degrees and added a bit of saturation. I finessed the textures throughout the scene and adjusted localized densities till I was pleased with the result. I still wanted more of a "brush" texture so I added quite a bit of sharpening to the scene till I achieved the finished result. The finished image captures my feeling of that Sunday - just as I remember it. Enjoy! --David

No comments:

Post a Comment